The solar energy market is undergoing major and exciting changes. Bright is a Norwegian solar product company catering to anyone who needs to be less depended on the electrical grid, whether by choice or by off-grid or bad-grid communities.
Are you interested in solar and clean energy solutions and want to take an active part in this exciting development? Do you have experience working with bringing the outside world into an organization? Bright AS is looking for an off and bad -grid Product Manager & Technical Engineer. As a Product Manager & Technical at Bright you will be responsible for understanding market needs, driving product strategy and plans (that align with company strategy), the electrical and electronics designing and the improving of the solar products according to the global standards.
Key areas of responsibility and duties
- Working with the R&D director to develop product strategy and roadmaps for products.
- Coordinate externally with the hardware & Software development, sourcing, and process teams to design and produce products within the range.
- Deliver PRSs with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Inhouse testing and verification of prototypes and samples.
- Designing and managing pilots to test new products and services or new features for existing products and services.
- Coordinating external testing process for the new products and following up the renewal process of the existing ones.
- Designing, conducting, and coordinating customer research to learn about and test the product design and business model for products in the range.
- Analyzing data from customer research and other sources in order to derive actionable insights and guide product development and management.
- Other work as needed to develop and manage products in the Power DC range.
- Master’s degree in electrical/electronic engineering, or another relevant field.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to coordinate many moving parts.
- Top-notch communication skills, particularly with colleagues in international offices.
- Experience in DC systems and power electronics.
- Experience in testing instruments.
- Knowledge of Off-Grid market is preferable but not required.
- Good knowledge of solar energy operation principles.
- Good knowledge of batteries and battery management systems operation.
- Microcontrollers programming is an advantage.
- Project manager skills
- Team player, strong communication skills
- Microsoft office and basic IT knowledge. Familiarity with product management tools and ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Fluent oral and written English. Norwegian and/or Chinese is a plus.
- User-centric design thinking.
- Self-driven, energetic, and driven by achieving good results.
- Market-oriented, curious and innovative, with the ability to see opportunities and create growth and added value for Bright and customers.
- Structured with a focus on progress and implementation.
- Relationship builder with ability and interest in networking
Can you fill this role?
Submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by the 23rd of October.